Boston Area Local? Drop Off Your Drive!
*Not near Dedham, Massachusetts? Mail us your drive instead.
Here’s what you need to know if you plan to drop off your drive:
- Plan on spending a few minutes with one of our associates when you come in. We will go over your project and give you an idea of pricing and an approximate time frame on your data recovery project. We want you to be as informed as possible before you start.
- When you come in, please bring any cables or cords with external hard drives. Cables are not necessary for internal hard drives.
- If you cannot remove the hard drive from your computer, don’t worry. We will do it for you.
- When the device is dropped off, you will need to fill out a data recovery service form and pay the diagnostic fee.
When the diagnostic process has been completed, you will be provided with a firm quote on your project. It usually takes 1-3 days to complete the diagnostic on the drive.
For more information about the data recovery process, click here.
If you want to provide us with your own destination drive for your data:
- Please bring a single USB 3.0 external hard drive or bare SATA drive of equal or greater size than the “bad” drive. Sorry, we cannot move data to NAS (Network Attached Storage) hard drives or Linux formatted hard drives.
- The new drive must be empty. It may be re-formatted (any existing files are deleted) before we start moving the recovered data.
- There must be enough free space to accommodate all of your recovered data. This is sometimes greater than the total size of the bad drive.
If your bad hard drive is inside an external enclosure:
- We will need to remove the enclosure in order to gain access to the bare drive. The enclosure may be damaged during this process. If you already removed your hard drive from the enclosure, please do not re-assemble it. Keep the enclosure and just give us the bare hard drive, along with the enclosure’s PCB, if there is one.
Mass Data Recovery
240 River Street
Dedham, MA 02026
For directions and service center hours, click here.