Media Shipping Instructions:
Need data recovery but you don’t live in the Boston area? That’s ok. You can mail in your drive right to our facility. To increase the likelihood of a successful data recovery, please protect your media during shipment. Since drive components are extremely delicate, any jarring of the hardware can cause additional damage, making the recovery more difficult.
- Place small items such as flash media cards, USB drives and phones in an envelope before wrapping and boxing.
- When possible, remove hard drives from laptops and desktops before shipping.
The damaged media should be wrapped in anti-static bubble wrap, anti-static foam or an anti-static bag and placed in a box. We suggest a box twice the size of your media. The box should have enough room for both the media and some type of additional packing material that allows for NO movement. The box should also have sufficient barrier room around the inside edges to absorb impact during shipping.
- Ship multiple drives in separate boxes. Or, make sure that they are separated with packing material, so that there will be NO contact.
- When shipping your own “destination” hard drive along with the damaged drive, please label each drive. Use “destination” for the destination drive and “patient or damaged” for the drive that needs data recovery.
- Consider purchasing insurance on any hardware that has significant value. Unfortunately, you cannot insure the value of your data.
- Please include the completed service request form with your media. Place any other documents inside the box.
Please ship items to:
Mass Data Recovery
240 River Street
Dedham, MA 02026
Please fill out this form to submit a new data recovery case:
For more information about our Data Recovery Services, just give us a call.Call (781) 381-0008
For directions and service center hours, click here.